Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What the heck did you do to your forehead?

Play this game with me, will you. Watch half an hour of morning television and call out, "What the heck did you do to your forehead?" whenever you see a woman with that odd, waxy flat facade up there above their eyebrows. I've done it three times with the Today Show today. Three women in half an hour. Three women who appear to be telling the world that looking like you are older than 30 is a bad thing. That it is more beautiful to appear odd than normal. That inanimate is better than experienced. That cyborg is better than woman. It's NOT!

Watch them smile! That looks great, right? That's the way you want to communicate joy to the world around you, like you are trying to make up your mind if something is funny or horribly, horribly dull.

If you are freezing your face enough that people are noticing, PEOPLE ARE NOTICING! And guess what they are thinking - there goes a woman who thinks she isn't good enough. Is that the message you are trying to send? Cause it's certainly what I'm thinking. It's what our daughters are thinking, too.

Ease off on the Cosmetic Botox, ladies. You are beautiful without it.

1 comment:

  1. I am in complete agreement with you... I think I am becoming much more interesting looking as I age... more character... I watch a show called CSI: New York and Sela Ward has joined the show. She looks like she is in a constant state of shock... her eyebrows are that highly tucked... We are all beautiful without the surgery/botox.

    ReplyDelete